Hunter Rowe COVID-19 Policy and Guidelines
UPDATED ON NOVEMBER 23
Governor Cooper updated the face mask orders for NC on November 23rd.
In addition to the November 9th announcement, as regards places of business: “Face masks must be worn indoors if anyone else is in that space who is not a member of the same household, regardless of physical distance.”
I interpret this to mean that unless there is a closed door between you and any other person at the office, regardless of distance, we are now required to wear a mask. As the owner of the firm, I am legally required to communicate this and ask for your cooperation, as well as that of your guests. Our understanding is that this latest order expires on December 11. Thanks everyone.
Effective November 9, 2020
Hunter Rowe team, we are all aware we are entering a higher transmission of disease period of the year often associated with our migration indoors and many gatherings for social and family occasions. In order to discourage the spread of COVID-19, we are committed to ensuring we follow current state law, as updated on November 9th (orders of our state government).
The key sentence from the updated orders is this: “People must wear face coverings when in public places (or engaged in work), indoor or outdoor, where physical distancing of six feet from other people who are not members of the same household or residence is not possible.”
NOTE: In addition to yourselves, please ensure the standards below are applied to your guests at the office. In addition, please communicate these guidelines to them before their arrival, so they are not surprised.
- Each of us is required to wear a mask while while entering the office, while moving from one part of the office to another, and whenever you cannot be at least six feet distanced from others. We will have masks available as needed.
- Please use the hand sanitizer at the front door upon arrival- remember you just touched a door handle and possibly the key pad. Continue to wash hands often when in the office.
- If you have a fever or cold/flu/COVID symptoms, please do not come to the office.
- If you have been exposed to people infected with COVID-19, observe a 14-day quarantine from the office and document a negative test at the end of your quarantine.
- Please wipe down your work station when you are preparing to leave the office with supplies provided in the lobby. This includes your chair handles, desk area, and other shared items you may have touched.
The office staff will also take steps to wipe down door handles, common tables, kitchen and mail areas multiple times during business hours.
Some individuals may need to exercise a higher level of caution, and we ask you to be cooperative and respectful while in their presence. Consider that colleagues may live with high risk individuals or have private health issues themselves. In addition, we respect the need of any Hunter Rowe team member to work entirely from home, while acknowledging that this may limit the range of job functions in which the person may participate.
Outside the office for Business
It is our company policy that agents wear a mask when engaged with clients and prospects during showings, home visits, or consultations during Phase 3 orders from the state of North Carolina. Please continue to carry wipes, disinfectant, and extra maskis in your cars to your business engagements. Whenever possible, travel in separate vehicles from clients. Your health is important to us!
We want to protect clients, prospects, colleagues and friends with every reasonable measure. Thanks for helping us execute on these practices. Please share best practices and let’s remain vigilant to ensure that we all stay healthy and that real estate agents in our state continue to have the opportunity to work through the winter months while we serve our communities. Remember that depending on the severity of disease spread, shut down orders that include the real estate industry are a possible outcome.