Here are a list of low-cost easy home improvements which will pay for themselves many times over:
- Clean every inch of your home. Get help if you need it.
- Spread new mulch. Use dark brown “triple-shredded stained bark.” The stain keeps it looking better much longer. Pine straw is cheaper but it also looks cheaper.
- Plant many, many flowers. More than you think you need. Flowers may be the single best investment you can make to sell your home.
- Remove clutter. Remove personal pictures. Remove everything from horizontal surfaces except a few decorations.
- Remove window treatments. Leave blinds.
- Remove basketball goals, play sets, and tree houses. These will turn some people off, and no one will ever say “I would have bought that home if only it had a basketball goal.” If you have a flat driveway they can install one themselves. Especially remove trampolines. They make many mothers nervous.